Tuesday, February 24, 2009

WWII game gets kids hooked on history, Bulletin says

The article about the Memoir '44 History Club apeared in the local newspaper, the Bend Bulletin, on Wednesday, February 18th. It was the central article on the Local page and continued onto a second page.

With a little bit of help I now have access to an online version of the newspaper article for people to look at. With as many international and cross-country fans as we have, it's nice for everyone to have the chance to read the article. Click here to read it or click on the picture I took of the newspaper.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations not only on the publicity, but also on such a successful and meaningful program.

David A. Miller
Editor
Purple Pawn
"game news across the board"

http://www.purplepawn.com/2009/02/for-the-next-generation/

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a very fun and very effective way to teach history to elementary age kids! I imagine the students will always remember how fun the club was and how they were in the news paper.

Congratulations! I wish I had a teacher like you when I was in school!

Anonymous said...

What a great article! Thanks for sharing and thanks for all the hard work. It sounds like your students are learning a remarkable amount of World War II history from the organization.

I look forward to seeing what else you guys do.