Saturday, January 22, 2011

Reinforcements Arrived...

My parents embarked on a whirl wind trip through East Africa this winter and stopped to visit my wife and I in Abu Dhabi on their way. They brought me reinforcements!!

When we moved here in August, we could only bring four bags of stuff for two+ years of life and my wife said that we couldn't afford to haul a whole bunch of Memoir '44 stuff across the world, even if it was for a history club. So when I found out that my parents were coming to visit, I convinced them to use some of their extra space to bring me what I would need to run a Memoir '44 History Club in Abu Dhabi. They brought me two base games, two Easter Front expansions, two Pacific Theater packs, and a Campaign Book. I now have the supplies to launch a new club across the world!

I'm currently coaching the U-14 boys football team (soccer for you Americans) so I don't have time after school but the season ends soon and I'm already thinking of how I might start my club. I'll keep everyone updated of my progress...

No comments: